How can I...
You can buy crypto in 6 easy steps:
Note: If you are already verified, proceed to step 3.
2) Go to “Buy/Sell” to place your order.
If you didn’t complete your profile, you will see that you need to get verified for buying cryptocurrency with fiat money.
It is very easy: Click on the “Get verified” button and complete all the actions required to open an account. For more info check out our How to get verified.
NOTE: Want to trade/swap bitcoins (BTC) for Ether (ETH) or the other way around? You are ready to go! –> Follow our How to swap Crypto to Crypto: Ethers (ETH) and Bitcoins (BTC) on bity.com
3) Let’s buy some Cryptocurrencies!
Choose a fiat currency (CHF/EUR). Then, select the cryptocurrency and enter the amount you want to buy. Please, note that this is an estimation: the amount of cryptocurrency you will receive will vary according to the rate when we process your order.
4) If you didn’t add your wallet address we will ask you to do so before continuing to the payment.
If you already have one, choose the wallet you want us to send you the cryptocurrency and click “Next”.
5) Choose a payment option: bank transfer SEPA, online bank transfer (or SOFORT banking).
6) Send the correct amount in CHF/EUR to our bank account. Please, do not forget the reference number!.
If the name of your bank transfer does not contain the correct reference number we will not be able to process your order.
You’re all set!. As soon as we receive your funds, we process the transaction and send the crypto to your wallet! You can click on “History” to see the list of your orders.
Using Bity accounts
Fees and prices
Order restrictions and cancellation
The maximum amount you can buy or sell is determined by the amount of information submitted to Bity. Larger transactions can be made with a higher level of identification.
Level of identification: Standard
Until all your documents have been verified you can only sell or swap cryptocurrencies. You can not buy one without being verified.
- Required information: a phone number and email address
- Annual limit, in terms of volume: CHF 5,000.
- Limit per transaction: CHF 5,000.
On this level you can only swap cryptos What is the maximum amount I can buy or sell? What information should I provide?using a public address that has been verified. It means that first you have to use this address to make a sell.
After all your documents have been verified you will be able to make a buy within the abovementioned limits.
To buy cryptos, you will need to pass through full KYC process. To do that, we require the following information:
- A copy of an identity card or passport, which must be signed, valid, include a readable MRZ code and contain a photograph.
- A recent photograph of yourself.
- Proof of residence less than three months old (documents accepted: Internet, landline, water, gas, electricity bills or bank statements with an IBAN or an account number). This document must contain your full name, address and have a date.
- The Bity registration form duly filled in and submitted.
- The form of the beneficial owner duly filled in and submitted.
Level of identification: Advanced
With the Advanced level you can buy, sell or swap cryptocurrencies.
Prerequisites: have all your documents verified and an order executed or a have a video session with our Compliance specialist.
Required action: You must make a purchase order with your bank account. The owner of this bank account must match your name. If you’d like, you can schedule and conduct a video session with our Compliance specialist.
Annual limit, in terms of volume: CHF 100’000.
Limit per transaction: CHF 50’000.
Swap: no limits
Level of identification: Expert
With the Expert level you can buy, sell or swap cryptocurrencies.
Prerequisites: to be at Advanced level.
Action Required: You must have an annual transaction volume greater than CHF 50’000 and ask Bity, via its Support Team, to move from the Avanced level to the Expert level. We may ask you to provide some additional information: fill out a new form or provide the proof of origin of funds used in business relationship with Bity.
Annual limit, in terms of volume: none.
Limit per transaction: CHF 500’000.
Swap: no limits
Account levels and how they work
You must make a purchase order with your bank account or a video session. The owner of this bank account must match your name.
As soon as all your documents have been received, verified, and validated, you will receive the instructions on what to do next by email.
Documents we may request or require
The current Swiss regulations require Bity to identify / verify its customers (last name, first name, address, etc.) from your first purchase order or when your sales transaction volume is greater than CHF 5,000 per an. You must then download and transmit to Bity:
- A copy of your identity card or passport: front and back. Your document must be signed, valid and contain a photograph and a readable MRZ code. We draw your attention to the fact that driving licenses and residence permits are not accepted.
- Proof of residence. We accept the following proofs of residence: Internet, landline, water, gas, electricity bills or bank statements with an IBAN or an account number. These documents must be less than three months old and mention your name, your first name, your address.
- Please fill in and submit the registration form online. Please make sure all the information is valid and dully completed. Invalid or missing information will cause the form to be rejected, and you will need to resubmit the form with the corrected information.
- Please fill in and submit the form of the beneficial owner online. This form is meant to declare who the funds you use in business relationships with Bity belong to. If you use your own funds, just input your name.
Once these documents have been sent to Bity and are verified, you will be able to place an order.